- Important Children’s University Graduation Update
- Karate Taster Session
- Christmas Activities 2016
- Karate Workshops
- Free Karate Taster Sessions
- BBC Voices Film Training and Studio Experience
- Summer Holiday Challenges
- Children’s University Summer Half term Holiday Challenges 2016
- Great Grand Graduation!!!
- Children’s University eNewsletter February 2016
- Great Grand Graduation!!!
- Norfolk Children’s University – April Newsletter
- Healthy Norfolk Schools Summer Newsletter
- Eggs-cited about Science – Mad Science Event – Easter 2015
- Children’s University Graduation 2015 – FUN, FUN, FUN
- Children’s University Winter 2015 Activity Challenge
- 20 fun learning activities to do in your half term holidays
- Children’s University Passports need returning by 22nd Oct 2014
- Pupils Letter Children’s University with Reply Slip re Info Session
- Link to Norfolk Children’s University Website
- Children’s University Graduation 2014 Photos
How do I know if my child’s club or activity is part of Children’s University?
See CJS Clubs that have been validated by the Children’s University team.
Children wishing to join an after-school club should see their Classroom Assistant for a letter.
For further activities, clubs in the local area, around Norfolk and nationally, please use the following website; www.childrensuniversity.co.uk
If my child’s club is not already part of Children’s University, what do I do?
In our school library we have a Children’s University display with postcards and a post box. Please take a postcard and take it to your child’s club. Ask if they would be willing to join Children’s University. They can either take the postcard and contact the Children’s University team directly or complete the club details on the postcard and place in our school post box. We will then liaise with the Children’s University team.
How does my child record learning hours at CJS?
Each time you child completes a learning session, your child will write in the date, club and the duration of the activity. Your child’s passport will be stamped by the lead adult. Unfortunately, if your child forgets their passport we will be unable to backdate learning hours.
How does my child record learning hours outside CJS?
Each validated club will have a stamp. Your child will need to produce their passport at each session so that their learning hours can be stamped.
How do I know if my child has enough hours to receive a certificate?
In the front of your child’s passport there is information regarding the certificates that your child will be working towards. The first certificate is 30 hours of learning.
Please can you support your child initially by checking when they have collected 30 hours. Children can bring passports to Ms Smith when a certificate has been achieved.
When will my child receive their certificates?
Your child will be invited to a special Graduation Day either during the Autumn or Summer term at either the University Of East Anglia or OPEN in Norwich. This is a special way of saying well done and your child will experience what it is like when students finish their real university courses.
Where else can my child use his/her passport?
Many museums can be entered by presenting the passport free of charge. Please refer to the Children’s University website for further information, using the link Parents and Carers – Where can your Passport to Learning be used?
CJS will validate up to 2 hours learning to any museum if they have written a report or drawn a picture to reflect their learning. These hours can be validated daily by bringing their passports to their class teacher.
At the back of the passport, there are some pages that are different to the rest. Your child can use these to collect stamps or stickers of any visits you make to places, just like in a real passport. This back section does not count towards total learning hours – It is just for fun!
If you would like any further information please contact Ms Smith via email – Rsmith@colmanjunior.norfolk.sch.uk or make an appointment via the school office.