We place great emphasis on children wearing the correct school uniform each day; our uniform is practical, smart and supports positive behaviour and discipline, as well as promoting a sense of belonging and pride in our school. We expect every child to be wearing the following clothes:
- A plain red sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan
- Black or grey trousers/skirt/pinafore (black/grey shorts or a red gingham dress is allowed in warm weather)
- A white blouse/shirt or white /red polo shirt
- Black/grey/white/red tights/socks (no patterns please)
- Black shoes or plain, flat, black boots (sandals with closed toes and heels may be worn in warm weather)
Leisure/sports wear, such as trainers, hoodies and jogging bottoms, are not acceptable as everyday uniform. Uniform with the school badge is not essential but can be purchased at www.tesco.com/direct/ues/
Financial support for the purchase of school uniform may be available from Anguish’s Educational Foundation. For more information, please telephone 01603 621023.
Children who are not wearing school uniform will be reminded of the school standards and expected to address this quickly. Please help your child by ensuring that your child conforms to the school’s dress code. Where uniform issues are not addressed quickly, we will contact you directly.
In the interests of hygiene, children should have a complete change of clothing for P.E. and games lessons. We expect every child to wear the following:
- Shorts, plain vest/t-shirt(in house colour). T-shirts with logos or designs are not acceptable.
- Plimsolls for PE and trainers for games.
- In colder weather, track suits in a plain, dark colour may be worn
- For swimming, a one-piece swimming costume (girls) and trunks (boys), swimming hat, bath-size towel and a comb/brush. Please do not send in sprays or talcum powder unless prescribed by a doctor, as these can trigger asthma attacks.
P.E. kits should be brought in to school on Mondays and left in school for the week, returning home on Fridays for washing. Children who do not have P.E. kit in school will be reminded of the school standards and expected to address this quickly. Please help your child by ensuring that your child has the right PE and swimming kit in school when they need it. Where PE kit issues are not addressed quickly, we will contact you directly.
JEWELLERY AND MAKE-UP
Jewellery should not be worn to school, with the exception of watches and simple ear studs. The wearing of make-up by children in school is not permitted, including nail varnish. As with uniform and P.E. kit, children who wear make-up or nail varnish to school will be asked to remove it for the next school day; if it is not removed, we will contact you directly.
NAMING UNIFORM AND PROPERTY
Please make sure that all your child’s personal belongings are clearly named. This includes shoes, coats and lunchboxes. We gather a substantial amount of lost property each term and it is much easier to return things to their rightful owner if they have been named. Please ensure that your child does not bring expensive items, such as iPods or Nintendo DS, into school. Mobile phones are not permitted in school.